Lewa channeling his Air powers
|Associated Color(s)||Primary: Green|
Secondary: differing shades of green, Turquoise
|Associated Location(s)||Le-Metru, Le-Wahi, Le-Koro|
Air was an essential-to-life Elemental Power involving the wind and sky in the Matoran Universe and Spherus Magna. This was one of the most common elements, and was used frequently by Toa, Turaga and Matoran.
All users of this element were passively quicker and more agile than other beings.
- Creating air.
- Controlling air.
- Manipulating wind currents to glide on.
- Creating cyclones.
- Absorbing air to create a Vacuum.
- Setting a delayed reaction of air (Nuva-exclusive).
- Unleashing an Air Nova Blast.
With all wielding different elements, six Toa could combine their powers to create a Protodermis cage, capable of sealing away powerful beings, such as the likes of Makuta Teridax, or the Bahrag Queens. Freeing trapped entities required a shard of the prison to be charged with the same elemental powers used to construct it. Beings other than Toa could not combine their powers at all, making them the only ones able to do so.
- When combined with the Element of Water, it can be used to create a storm or a water cyclone.
- When combined with the Element of Fire, it can be used to create a tornado of fire.
- When combined with the Element of Stone, it can be used to create a sandstorm.
These beings were known wielders of the Element of Air:
- Le-Matoran - Inaccessible
- All Toa of Air
- Lewa - Enhanced when he became a Toa Nuva.
- Matau - Reduced when transformed into a Turaga.
- Nidhiki - Lost when mutated; now deceased.
- Iruini - Lost when he became a Rahaga; since restored. His spear also had Air powers.
- Spinner - Lost when altered by the Dark Hunters.
- Kongu - His powers as a Toa Inika were combined with Lightning.
- Turaga of Air - Reduced
- Lehvak-Kal - Formerly, now in space
- All Kraata and Rahkshi of Cyclone - Limited Air powers
- Most Makuta - Limited Air powers
- Takutanuva - Limited Air powers
- Krahka - Gained from using Matau's form
- Skakdi of Air - Only when used with another Skakdi.
- Glatorian Gresh - Activated by the Ignika.
- Glatorian Vastus - Activated by the Ignika.
These locations were affiliated with the Element of Air:
- Le-Metru - Formerly; now destroyed
- Le-Wahi - Formerly; destroyed by the Bohrok.
- Le-Koro - Formerly; destroyed by the Bohrok.
- The reason why Gresh and Vastus were given air powers by Mata Nui instead of Jungle is that he associated green with Toa of Air.
- All Matoran, Toa and Turaga of Air were male.
- Nearly all beings of Air hated Water, as their element was completely negated beneath the waves.
|Elements and Powers (v|e)|
|Elements||Primary||Fire • Water • Air • Stone • Earth • Ice|
|Secondary||Light • Shadow • Lightning • Magnetism • Plantlife • Plasma • Gravity • Sonics • Psionics • Iron • Sand|
|Legendary Powers||Life • Time • Creation|
|Powers||Acid • Vacuum • Rahkshi Powers|