Bog Snakes were irritable serpentlike Rahi.
In Metru Nui, Bog Snakes lived in the muddy shallows of the district of Onu-Metru. When traveling along the coast, the Onu-Matoran were well-advised to tread carefully so as not to disturb a Bog Snake nest. After the Great Cataclysm, several of the snakes migrated to the newly-formed island of Mata Nui, where they were usually found in the jungles of Le-Wahi.
During the extensive deforestation of the Le-Wahi jungle caused by the Bohrok swarms, the Bog Snakes lost the shelter of the trees and were thus displaced from their habitat. All of the Bog Snakes eventually returned to the Matoran Universe.
A population of Bog Snakes also resided in the Voya Nui region of the Southern Continent. These snakes were carried with Voya Nui when the Great Cataclysm caused it to rocket to the surface of Aqua Magna and somehow continued their existence there.
They later migrated to Spherus Magna.
Abilities and Traits
Bog Snakes were venomous, and possessed extremely bad temperaments. They were natural enemies of the Ghekula and other small reptiles and amphibians that lived in the swamps, and were themselves preyed upon by Nui-Jaga. They would repel Nui-Jaga from their nests by swarming them en masse, forcing the scorpions to tire themselves out.
- BIONICLE Chronicles 4: Tales of the Masks (Mentioned only)
- BIONICLE: Rahi Beasts (Mentioned only)
- BIONICLE Encyclopedia Volume 1 (Mentioned only)
- BIONICLE Encyclopedia: Updated (Mentioned only)
The Bog Snake model was one of the many models that could be built with the 10023 BIONICLE Master Builder set and it used forty-six of the set's one hundred and two pieces.
- A gear at the base of its neck could be turned to make the neck snap forward.
- Bog Snakes were formerly called Kuna, until the LEGO group had to change the name due to the Maori lawsuit on LEGO in 2001.