|“||Already, I know he waits...Waits for the one who will finally defeat him and free Mata Nui from his shadow. But to end Makuta's reign, both of us must become more than what we are.||”|
|Alternate title||A Hero Will Be Revealed|
|Number in series||14|
|Previous comic||Comic 13: Rise of the Rahkshi!|
|Next Comic||Comic 15: Secrets and Shadows|
At Last -- Takanuva! was the fourteenth issue of the original BIONICLE comic series, and was mailed with the September/October 2003 edition of LEGO Magazine. It was released with a holo-foil cover. Story-wise, it introduced Takanuva, the Toa of Light.
Lewa, Tahu, and Gali buried under tons of rubble... Pohatu, Onua, and Turaga Whenua trapped in a cave with thousands of kraata... the Toa's first encounters with the Rahkshi have led to crushing defeat. Now only Kopaka stands between the Rahkshi and their goal: stopping the Seventh Toa from saving Mata Nui.
As Takua and Jaller search for the missing Toa, the heroes of Mata Nui wage a desperate struggle to protect them from the Rahkshi--enemies of limitless power, who will stop at nothing to serve Makuta's will.
The shadows are closing in on Mata Nui... and there seems to be no Toa of Light in sight.
Note: This story takes place during the events of BIONICLE: MASK OF LIGHT.
Kopaka faces the six Rahkshi, alone. Lerahk attacks first, but is frozen by the Toa of Ice's power. Turahk attempts to overwhelm Kopaka with fear. Gathering his courage, the Toa freezes the Rahkshi of Fear as well. However, Kopaka cannot withstand the drain of Vorahk's hunger power. Before the killing blow lands, Tahu, Gali, and Lewa appear. Thanks to the Mask of Shielding, the Toa survived and followed the Rahkshi. Kurahk attempts to create infighting among the heroes with its anger power, but is quickly disarmed by a cyclone from Lewa. Gali rescues Kopaka, and the two are in turn rescued by Tahu and Lewa. Onua and Pohatu make an explosive entrance, with Tahu and Kopaka sealing the Kraata Cave behind them.
A Shadow Kraata escapes the cave as well, but Pohatu catches it before it can infect any masks. The Toa continue to fight the Rahkshi across the entire island, ending at the Kini-Nui. There, Takanuva, the Toa of Light reveals himself and helps defeat the sons of Makuta. The team builds a vehicle--the Ussanui. Takanuva uses the Shadow Kraata caught by Pohatu to animate the transport, knowing that it will return to Makuta. The Toa Nuva attempt to convince Takanuva to let them come as well, but he refuses. The battle which lies ahead is his burden alone, and alone he travels into the darkness below.
- Greg Farshtey - Writer
- Randy Elliott - Artist
- Peter Pantazis - Colorist and Separator
- Len Lopez - Letterer
- Jaye Gardner - Editor
- Toby Dutkiewicz - Layout and Design
- Ahkmou - In a vision; first appearance
- Nuhrii - In a vision; first appearance
- Takanuva - First appearance
- Takutanuva - First appearance
- Tarakava - Mentioned only
- Badge of Office
- Kanohi Nuva
- Shadow Kraata - First appearance
- Rahkshi Staffs of Power
- Staff of Shadows
- Toa Tools
- Ussanui - First appearance
- Elements/Elemental Powers
- Energized Protodermis
- Rahkshi Powers
|“||Two of the most powerful Toa stand together. Though they have their differences, when there is danger, they move as one...they act as one...and nothing can stand in their way!||”|
|“||Have a care, Pohatu--this kraata has reached the ultimate stage of its evolution. Of all the kraata, only such as these can infect masks from a distance. Ony your grip keeps it from using its power. But where there is one, there may be more...||”|
- Comic middle: A New Hero Is Born to Face the Ultimate Villain! section discusses sets 8596 Takanuva, 8593 Makuta, 8595 Takua and Pewku, and 8594 Jaller and Gukko.
- Comic end: BIONICLE: The Game advertisement; Manga Inspired Rahkshi combination model; Nike Rahkshi shoes advertisement.
- Rear cover: BIONICLE: Mask of Light--The Movie advertisement.
- This issue marks the first comic appearance of Nuhrii and Ahkmou, as visions of them are seen mocking Kopaka in his Turahk-induced hallucination.
- BIONICLE: Mask of Light (movie)
- BIONICLE: Mask of Light (book)
- Rahkshi Promotional Comic
- BIONICLE: Volume 1
- BIONICLE 2: Challenge of the Rahkshi