|Alternate title||In the Grip of the Morbuzakh!|
|Series||BIONICLE: Metru Nui|
|Number in series||17|
|Previous comic||Comic 16: Toa Metru!|
|Next Comic||Comic 18: Seeds of Doom|
Disks of Danger was the seventeenth issue in the original BIONICLE comic series, the second in the Metru Nui sub-series, and part two of the City of Legends story. It was originally mailed with the March/April 2004 edition of the LEGO Club Magazine, and was later collected in BIONICLE 3: City of Legends. The comic centered on the Toa Metru attempts to collect the Great Disks.
The Toa Metru have succeeded in their first task, finding and rescuing six missing Matoran. Only these six know the locations of the Great Kanoka disks, which the Toa believe are key to defeating the devastating menace of the Morbuzakh plant.
Each of the legendary disks is hidden in a location accessible only to one with the powers of a Toa. But retrieving them will force the Toa Metru to face fearsome Rahi, powerful natural forces, and other perils. With each second that passes, more of the city crumbles to ruin as the Morbuzakh tightens its grip ...
The race to save Metru Nui has begun.
Toa Metru Vakama and Onewa travel to the Ta-Metru Fire Pits in search of a Great Kanoka Disk, one of six powerful weapons capable of defeating the Morbuzakh vines overrunning their island city. Onewa, frustrated at dealing with the Matoran, is about ready to simply let them run off. Vakama cuts him off and breaks into the highly-guarded facility. Nuhrii guides the Toa to the correct Fire Pit, where Vakama is able to retrieve the Great Disk. As the two climb out of the pit, though, a pair of vines ensnare them. In desperation, Nuhrii fires a reconstitute at random at the vines, mutating them into a different form. The heroes escape danger, but the others are encountering difficulty as well. Whenua and Nuju are trapped by the claw of a gigantic Ussal crab. They only manage to flee after Whenua rotates his drills loudly enough to irritate the crab's sensitive hearing. On the other side of the city, Matau prepares to retrieve the Le-Metru Great Disk.
Within the Force Sphere, Matau grabs the Great Disk. With nothing to leap off of, Matau is forced to create a windstorm inside the chute. He successfully frees himself, although he crash-lands. The Toa Metru persist in their quest for the Great Disks, from the frozen towers of Ko-Metru to the towering statues of Po-Metru. Eventually the team collects all six Disks. The Morbuzakh continues to assault the city, with no one strong enough to stop it. The Toa and Matoran deduce that the Morbuzakh's King Root hides within the Great Furnace and plan to attack it there. Vhisola is not so sure, however. The plant is likely to come after them first!
- Greg Farshtey - Writer
- Randy Elliott - Artist
- Pete Pantazis - Colorist
- Ken Lopez - Letterer
- Jaye Gardner - Editor
- Toby Dutkiewicz - Layout & Design
- Ahkmou - In flashback
- Ehrye - In flashback
- Gali Nuva - In present
- Kopaka Nuva - In present
- Lewa Nuva - In present
- Mata Nui - Mentioned only
- Morbuzakh - In flashback
- Morbuzahk King Root - In flashback
- Nuhrii - In flashback
- Nuju - In flashback
- Pohatu Nuva - In present
- Onewa - In flashback
- Onua Nuva - In present
- Orkahm - In flashback
- Tahu Nuva - In present
- Takanuva - In present
- Tehutti - In flashback
- Vakama - In present and flashback
- Vhisola - In flashback
- Whenua - In flashback
- Mata Nui - In present
- Metru Nui - In flashback
- Badge of Office
- Firestaff - In present
- Chute System - In flashback
- Great Avohkii - In present
- Great Huna - In flashback
- Great Komau - In flashback
- Great Mahiki - In flashback
- Great Matatu - In flashback
- Great Rau - In flashback
- Great Ruru - In flashback
- Noble Huna - In present
- Powerless Huna - In flashback
- Powerless Komau - In flashback
- Powerless Mahiki - In flashback
- Powerless Matatu - In flashback
- Powerless Rau - In flashback
- Powerless Ruru - In flashback
- Kanohi Nuva - In present
- Kanoka - In flashback
- Great Disks - In flashback; first appearance
- Reconstitute at Random Disk
- Toa Tools
- Toa - In present and flashback
- Toa of Air - In present and flashback
- Toa of Earth - In present and flashback
- Toa of Fire - In present and flashback
- Toa of Ice - In present and flashback
- Toa of Light - In present
- Toa of Stone - In present and flashback
- Toa of Water - In present and flashback
- Toa Teams - In present and flashback
- Turaga - In present
- Vahki - Mentioned only
- Comic middle: Creatures of Metru Nui section discusses some of the creatures inhabiting Metru Nui, such as the Kraawa, the Kralhi, the Kavinika, and the Kinloka. Each model can be built from Toa Metru and Matoran sets.
- Comic end: Advertisements for BIONICLE books from Scholastic and BIONICLE: Mask of Light on DVD; two-page map of Metru Nui with significant locations pointed out.
- Rear cover: Advertisement for BIONICLE mini-comics packaged with Lunchables Mega Packs.
- This comic takes place in parallel with and partially adapts BIONICLE Adventures 2: Trial by Fire. It also runs concurrently with the BIONICLE: Metru Nui - City of Legends trio of mini-comics.
- On the first page where the opening narration brings the reader up to speed, Vakama's Toa Disk can seen at the top of the page.