|Alternate title||Beware the Bohrok|
|Number in series||5|
|Previous comic||Comic 4: The Bohrok Awake|
|Next Comic||Comic 6: Into the Nest|
To Trap a Tahnok was the fifth issue of the original BIONICLE comic series and the second part of The Bohrok Saga storyline. It was initially mailed with the March/April 2002 edition of LEGO Mania Magazine, and was later collected in BIONICLE: Volume 1 and BIONICLE 1: Rise of the Toa Nuva. The plot saw the Toa continue to struggle against the Bohrok and collect their Krana.
The Bohrok have appeared all over the island of Mata Nui, bringing chaos in their wake. While the Matoran see to the defenses of their villages, the Toa begin their quest to obtain the krana of the Bohrok.
The swarms are fierce and powerful, and the Toa soon learn that might is not the answer to this crisis. It will take all their wisdom, cunning, and skill to trap the Bohrok long enough to obtain the krana--the key ultimate defeat of the swarms.
Even as the Toa struggle to solve the mystery of the Bohrok, they face another, more sinister riddle: the disappearance of Lewa, Toa of Air!
The Tahnok march across Mata Nui, destroying everything in their way. The Bohrok's radar krana alerts the swarm to the Toa ahead. Their telepathy krana passes the word on to the rest of the squad. The Fire Bohrok refuse to back down from a fight, and charge forward. They are not alone: deep in the shadows, a pair of voices discuss the progress of the Bohrok. While they have suffered losses, the two creatures are confident that there is nothing able to stand in their way. Elsewhere, Toa Gali and Pohatu go over their plan to trap the Tahnok. Onua dug a tunnel to the ocean, and Kopaka capped the tunnel with ice, keeping the water at bay. When the Bohrok arrive, Pohatu shatters the ice with a boulder and floods the chamber with water. Gali jumps into the flooded room to collect some krana, but the Tahnok have begun heating up the water, and Gali is uncertain she will be able to make it through.
In Ta-Koro, Tahu gives the Ta-Matoran an inspirational speech, encouraging them to stay strong and resist the Bohrok. Kopaka interrupts the Toa of Fire, announcing that he has made a shocking discovery: the krana are alive! What's more, the Toa of Ice has found an even bigger surprise... Back in Po-Wahi, Gali has retrieved several krana and is making her way back to the surface. The Tahnok are not about to let her escape, though, and use their Fire powers to melt through part of the stone wall, sending it plummeting towards the Toa of Water. Pohatu has waited long enough, and is about to leap in after Gali before she bursts out of the pit. The two make their escape before the Bohrok catch up to them. Outside, they pause to examine the krana. Gali is concerned about Lewa. The Toa of Air left for Le-Koro, but has not been heard from since. In the depths of the southern jungle, Gali's fears are justified, as Lewa has been controlled by a krana as well, joining the swarm!
- Greg Farshtey - Writer
- Carlos D'Anda - Penciller
- Randy Elliott - Inker
- Ken Lopez - Inker
- Peter Pantazis - Colorist & Separator
- Cahdok - Voice only
- Gahdok - Voice only
- Gahlok Va
- Kohrak - Mentioned only
- Kohrak Va
- Lehvak Va
- Pahrak - Mentioned only
- Vakama - Mentioned only
- Bohrok Va tools
- Krana Ja
- Krana Za
- Toa Tools
- Bohrok Swarms
- Comic middle: Unleash the Power of the Krana! section discusses the different types of Krana, their roles, and their various powers.
- Comic end: Tips and tricks for the BIONICLE: Quest for the Masks trading card game; Look What's New at www.BIONICLE.com advertisement.
- Rear cover: Advertisement for upcoming BIONICLE: The Bohrok Awake trading card game, available only at McDonald's.
- This issue picks up about a week after the previous comic, with the Bohrok continuing their rampage across Mata Nui.
- The Bahrag queens make their first appearance in the ongoing series, albeit in a telepathic voice-over.
- The various types of Bohrok Va also make their first comic appearance, after being mentioned in the previous issue.
- Kopaka arrives at Ta-Koro to bring Tahu news about the Bohrok; his reveal will come at the beginning of the next comic.
- Lewa makes a cameo at the end of this issue, revealing what happened to him after the cliffhanger of the previous comic--he's become mind-controlled by a Krana!