|Colors||Orange, Golden Yellow, Red, Grey, and Black|
Hoto bugs were taken as pests on Mata Nui and Metru Nui as it was shown as one of the reasons that Toa Hagah Iruini wanted to leave his fellow Toa was because he thought his talents were wasted by not taking care of threats such as a Hoto bug invasion.
Abilities and Traits
Hotos' bodies could give off enough heat to tunnel through the ground and even some buildings.
The Hoto was released as a part of the Masterbuilder Creature Pack, also known as the BIONICLE MasterBuilder kit in 2002.
It used 40 pieces out of the pack/kit's 102 pieces.
Its set number is 10023.
- Hotos were supposed to appear in the Voya Nui Online Game, but did not. However, to the right there is a picture of it as it would look like in the game.
- BIONICLE: Quest for the Toa (First Appearance)
- BIONICLE Chronicles 1: Tale of the Toa (Mentioned only)
- BIONICLE: The Game
- Comic 11: A Matter of Time... (Mentioned only)
- BIONICLE: Encyclopedia (Mentioned only)
- BIONICLE: Rahi Beasts (Mentioned only)
- BIONICLE: Encyclopedia Updated (Mentioned only)