|“||You are Kopaka, who wields the power of winter itself. [...] You can ride the ice and snow...unleash the avalanche...freeze with just a touch...||”|
Kopaka channeling his Ice powers
|Associated Color(s)||Primary: White|
Secondary: Light grey, dark grey, sand blue, light blue
|Associated Location(s)||Ko-Metru, Ko-Wahi, Ko-Koro|
Ice was a preservative Elemental Power involving the essence of determination in the Matoran Universe and Spherus Magna. This was one of the most common elements, frequently used by Toa, Turaga, and Matoran.
All users of this element were passively more resistant to cold, and weaker against heat than other beings.
- Creating ice/snow.
- Creating concentrated beams of ice/snow/cold.
- Controlling ice/snow.
- Absorbing ice/snow.
- Setting a delayed Ice reaction (Toa Nuva-exclusisve).
- Unleashing an Ice Nova Blast.
- "Possessing" ice. - Element Lord-exclusive
- Lowering air temperature
- Freezing anything (objects, enemies, etc.)
With all wielding different elements, six Toa could combine their powers to create a Protodermis cage, capable of sealing away powerful beings, such as the likes of Makuta Teridax, or the Bahrag Queens. Freeing trapped entities required a shard of the prison to be charged with the same elemental powers used to construct it.
Beings other than Toa could not combine their powers at all, making them the only ones able to do so.
- When combined with the Element of Fire, it could be used to instantaneously form a seal.
- When combined with the Element of Fire, it can also make Water, which cannot be controlled by the Ice-wielder.
These beings are/were wielders of the Element of Ice:
- Ko-Matoran - Inaccessible
- All Toa of Ice
- Turaga of Ice - Reduced
- Skakdi of Ice - only when used with another Skakdi
- The Bahrag
- The Element Lord of Ice
These locations were affiliated with the Element of Ice:
- Northern Frost
- The White Quartz Mountains
- Cavern of Ice
- Ko-Metru - Formerly; now abandoned.
- Ko-Wahi - Formerly; destroyed by the Bohrok.
- All Toa, Turaga, and Matoran of Ice were male.
|Elements||Primary||Fire • Water • Air • Stone • Earth • Ice|
|Secondary|| Light • Shadow • Lightning • Magnetism • Plantlife • Plasma|
Gravity • Sonics • Psionics • Iron • Sand
|Legendary Powers||Life • Time • Creation|
|Powers||Acid • Vacuum|