Takanuva channeling his Light powers
|Associated Color(s)||Primary: Gold, variable|
Secondary: White, variable
|Associated Location(s)||Karda Nui|
Light was a radiant Elemental Power involving the essence of truth and understanding in the Matoran Universe. This was one of the rarest elements of all, with only a select few Av-Matoran becoming Toa of Light. The only known Matoran to do so, was Takua, through the use of the Avohkii.
Toa of Light, such as Takanuva, had near perfect command of the element, while Av-Matoran could channel a small amount of the element through tools or with a Toa and were also able to change the colour of their armour, in order to disguise themselves as another type of Matoran. Turaga would have powers somewhere in the middle, though none have shown up in the main story.
- Creating light.
- Generating lasers.
- Creating solid or non-solid illusions.
- Acting as a source of light.
- Controlling light.
- Moving as fast as light.
- Absorbing light.
- Unleashing a Light Nova Blast. (Toa-exclusive)
- The ability to change how others see your body color. (Matoran species-exclusive)
- Bending light to become invisible.
With all wielding different elements, six Toa could combine their powers to create a Protodermis cage, capable of sealing away powerful beings, such as the likes of Makuta Teridax, or the Bahrag Queens. Freeing trapped entities required a shard of the prison to be charged with the same elemental powers used to construct it.
Beings other than Toa could not combine their powers at all, making them the only ones able to do so.
These beings were wielders of the Element of Light:
- All Av-Matoran
- The Kanohi Avohkii and any of its wearers
- Toa of Light
- Turaga of Light - Reduced
- Takutanuva - Formerly; now dissolved.
- The Makuta of the Melding Alternate Universe
These locations were affiliated with the Element of Light:
- Karda Nui
- Dimension of Light
- Light was very powerful against Shadow and vice versa.
- Matoran, Toa and Turaga of Light could be male or female. This makes Light the only natural Element in the Matoran Universe to contain both genders.
- To show the difference in the power levels of a Toa, Matoran, and Turaga of Light, Greg Farshtey said that if a Toa of Light were a sun, a Turaga would be a 100 watt bulb, and a Matoran would be a lantern.
|Elements and Powers (v|e)|
|Elements||Primary||Fire • Water • Air • Stone • Earth • Ice|
|Secondary||Light • Shadow • Lightning • Magnetism • Plantlife • Plasma • Gravity • Sonics • Psionics • Iron • Sand|
|Legendary Powers||Life • Time • Creation|
|Powers||Acid • Vacuum • Rahkshi Powers|