|Associated Color(s)||Primary: Blue|
|Associated Location(s)||Powered Areas|
Lightning/(Electricity) was a volatile Elemental Power involving the natural potential of electrical energy in the Matoran Universe. It was one of the rarer elements, and was used infrequently by Toa, Turaga and Matoran.
All users of this element were passively more resistant to electrical shock than other beings.
- Creating electricity.
- Shocking/paralyzing opponents with lightning.
- Casting lightning bolts.
- Creating a defensive shield of lightning.
- Manipulating electricity.
- Absorbing electricity.
- Utilizing chain lightning.
- Unleashing a Lightning Nova Blast. (Toa exclusive)
With all wielding different elements, six Toa could combine their powers to create a Protodermis cage, capable of sealing away powerful beings, such as the likes of Makuta Teridax, or the Bahrag Queens. Freeing trapped entities required a shard of the prison to be charged with the same elemental powers used to construct it.
Beings other than Toa could not combine their powers at all, making them the only ones able to do so.
These beings were known wielders of the Element of Lightning:
- Tahnok-Kal - Formerly; now destroyed
- Kraata and Rahkshi of Chain Lightning
- Kraata and Rahkshi of Electricity
- Most Makuta - Formerly; almost all killed
- Takutanuva - Formerly; now unmerged
- Vo-Matoran - Inaccessible
- Toa of Lightning
- Toa Inika - (The Toa Inika's base elemental powers were all entwined with Lightning, granting limited use of the element.)
- Turaga of Lightning - Limited
- All Skakdi of Lightning - Only when used with another Skakdi
- All Matoran, Toa, and Turaga of Lightning were female.
- Prior to Nikila being introduced in the story, Lightning was only known as a power, and not an element.
|Elements||Primary||Fire • Water • Air • Stone • Earth • Ice|
|Secondary||Light • Shadow • Lightning • Magnetism • Plantlife • Plasma|
Gravity • Sonics • Psionics • Iron • Sand
|Legendary Powers||Life • Time • Creation|
|Powers||Acid • Vacuum|