|“||Even as [Icarax] gloats over his triumph, I am summoning every last bit of moisture from the air for hundreds of kios around. I am merging it together, bending it to my will, preparing to unleash all my elemental power in one single explosion of force. And I do ... and I hope to the Great Beings I never will again.||”|
A Nova Blast was an extremely powerful elemental blast released when a Toa expended all of their Elemental Energy at once, resulting in an extremely powerful explosion of that Element. This explosion would almost completely destroy anything in its radius. Once a Toa had done one of these, they couldn't use Elemental powers until their Elemental Energy had recharged. They were rarely used because of their destructive and deadly force.
- In the main story, only one Nova Blast has been seen so far; Toa Nuva Gali once used a Water Nova Blast as a last resort when she and the other Toa Nuva were fighting Makuta Icarax in Karzahni. She created a huge flood of water that destroyed the entire realm.
- Toa Metru Vakama once considered unleashing a Fire Nova Blast during his fight against a fire creature, but decided against it, because it would destroy everything in a huge radius.
- In Death of a Hero, Toa Mahri Jaller almost unleashed a Fire Nova Blast before he was teleported back to Metru Nui. Once there, he had to force down his powers in order to avoid destroying the entire city.
- In The Final Battle, Toa Nuva Tahu considered using a Fire Nova Blast to defeat Makuta Vamprah, but decided against it as it would also harm his teammates.
- In Reign of Shadows, Toa Helryx was about to perform a Water Nova Blast while inside the mind of the Teridax-controlled Matoran Universe, but she was interrupted.
- Toa Hordika couldn't perform Nova Blasts, as they lacked the focus necessary to do so. Despite this, they could charge their Rhotuka to near-Nova levels.
- "Toa" Ignika could perform a Nova Blast, despite not being a real Toa.
- Maskless Toa could perform weakened Nova Blasts.
- In BIONICLE: The Game, there is a non-canonical appearance of the Nova Blast called a Nuva Blast.