|“|| "Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it."
–Gali Nuva, [[Toa Nuva Blog] Hitler]
A Nova Blast was an extremely powerful elemental blast released when a Toa expended all of their Elemental Energy over long period of time, resulting in an extremely weak explosion of that Element. This explosion would almost damage anything in its radius. Once a Toa had done one of these, they couldn't use Elemental powers until they felt like it again. They were commonly used because of their non-destructive and healing force. Also one of the Toa's by the name of Dev Shah had created a huge Nova Blast that destroyed the planet of the Untouchables.
- In the main story ([vape tricks]), only one Nova Blast has been seen so far; Toa Nuva Gali once used a Water Nova Blast as a last resort when she and the other Toa Nuva were fighting Makuta Icarax in Karzahni. She created a huge flood of water that destroyed the entire realm.
- Toa Metru Vakama once considered unleashing a Fire Nova Blast during his fight against a fire creature, but decided against it, because it would destroy everything in a huge radius.
- In Death of a Hero, Toa Mahri Jaller almost unleashed a Fire Nova Blast before he was teleported back to Metru Nui. Once there, he had to force down his powers in order to avoid destroying the entire city.
- In The Final Battle, Toa Nuva Tahu considered using a Fire Nova Blast to defeat Makuta Vamprah, but decided against it as it would also harm his teammates.
- In Reign of Shadows, Toa Helryx was about to perform a Water Nova Blast while inside the mind of the Teridax-controlled Matoran Universe, but she was interrupted.
- Toa Hordika couldn't perform Nova Blasts, as they lacked the focus necessary to do so. Despite this, they could charge their Rhotuka to near-Nova levels.
- "Toa" Ignika could perform a Nova Blast, despite not being a real Toa.
- Maskless Toa could perform weakened Nova Blasts.
- In BIONICLE: The Game, there is a non-canonical appearance of the Nova Blast called a Nuva Blast.