- —Narration, The Yesterday Quest
Nuju using his Matatu to lift Vakama
|Associated Color(s)||Blue, gold|
Toa of Psionics could be extremely powerful depending on the level of their training, while Ce-Matoran were simply shielded from mental intrusion. Turaga of Psionics had powers somewhere in the middle.
All users of this element had passive mental shielding, automatically blocking out any intruding minds.
- Creating psionic energy.
- Controlling psionic energy.
- Generating blasts of psionic energy.
- Controlling the minds of others.
- Creating mental illusions.
- Controlling/moving objects with the mind.
- Detecting/reading nearby minds.
- Assaulting and influencing opponents mentally.
- Shielding one's mind from others.
- Unleashing a Psionics Nova Blast (Toa-exclusive).
- Communicating telepathically.
With all wielding different elements, six Toa could combine their powers to create a Protodermis cage, capable of sealing away powerful beings, such as the likes of Makuta Teridax, or the Bahrag Queens. Freeing trapped entities required a shard of the prison to be charged with the same elemental powers used to construct it.
Beings other than Toa could not combine their powers at all, making them the only ones able to do so.
- Ce-Matoran - Could not be mind-controlled or read telepathically; powers inaccessible
- The Makuta - Limited Psionics powers
- Kraata and Rahkshi of Mind Reading - Limited Psionics powers
- Takutanuva - Limited Psionics powers; now unmerged
- Toa of Psionics
- Turaga - Reduced
- Skakdi of Psionics - Only when used with another Skakdi.
- Hakann - Mental Attacks only
- The Bahrag - Could create Illusions
- Dweller - Could read Minds
- The Morbuzakh - Telepathic
- Oohnorak - Could telepathicly mimic voices
- Artakha - Telepathic
- Gatherer - Could scramble the mind of a target
- Tren Krom - Telepathic
- The Sisters of the Skrall - Limited psionic powers
- Krana Za
- Krana Za-Kal
- Any Komau user - Mind control only
- Any Suletu user - Projecting thoughts or reading minds
- Any Matatu user - Telekinesis only
- All Matoran, Toa, and Turaga of Psionics were created female after Orde.
- Helryx studied Ce-Matoran to learn how to protect the minds of members in the Order of Mata Nui.
|Elements and Powers (v|e)|
|Elements||Primary||Fire • Water • Air • Stone • Earth • Ice|
|Secondary||Light • Shadow • Lightning • Magnetism • Plantlife • Plasma • Gravity • Sonics • Psionics • Iron • Sand|
|Legendary Powers||Life • Time • Creation|
|Powers||Acid • Vacuum • Rahkshi Powers|