|Mask of Translation|
|Power(s)||Lets user translate other languages|
|Kanoka||Remove Poison; Enlarge|
The Kanohi Rau was the Mask of Translation. It gave its user the power to comprehend other languages. The Great Rau enabled the wearer to understand and speak almost any written or spoken language. The Noble Rau, however, only allowed the user to understand writing and symbols. Both the Great and Noble versions allow the user to understand the intention behind carvings. However, if the target language is too old, then a Rau will not be able to translate it.
- Great: Toa Nokama once used her Rau to talk to a frightened Muaka, trying to discover what it was fleeing from.
- Noble: After its discovery, Turaga Nokama used her Rau to translate the ancient text on the back of the Kanohi Avohkii.
- Toa Metru Nokama - Formerly; transformed
- A Toa forced by Mutran to speak with several Blade Burrowers
- Turaga Vakama - Former secondary mask; destroyed
- Turaga Nokama - Primary mask
- Turaga Matau - Secondary mask
- Turaga Onewa - Secondary mask
- Turaga Whenua - Secondary mask
- Turaga Nuju - Secondary mask
- The Toa Mata - Former secondary masks
- Akamu - In Noble shape
- Ahkmou - In Noble shape
- Dalu - In Great shape
- Gadjati - In Noble shape
- Hafu - In Noble shape; replaced with a Ruru
- Keahi - In Noble shape
- Kotu - In Noble shape
- Matoran Nokama - In Great shape; transformed
- Tamaru - In Noble shape
- Toudu - In Noble shape
The Noble Rau was first released in a light blue color in 2001 as part of the Turaga Nokama set. It was also released in the colors of the other Turaga: orange, lime green, tan, dark grey, and light grey. It later appeared in the Ahkmou set of 2004.
|Kanohi • Krana • Kanohi Nuva • Krana-Kal • Kraata • Kanoka • Rhotuka • Zamor Spheres • Squids • Golden Armor|