|Associated Color(s)||Primary: Black|
|Associated Location(s)||Dark Regions|
Shadow was a far-reaching, ever-present Elemental Power involving the absence of Light in the Matoran Universe. This was a rare element, used exclusively by members of the Brotherhood of Makuta, and any being attacked by a Shadow Leech.
Toa of Shadow could exist if a destined Matoran who had been drained of their moral light by a leech, were exposed to Toa Power. If formed, they would have near perfect command of the element, while a so-called "Kra-Matoran" would simply be more prone to violent, immoral acts. A Turaga of Shadow would have powers somewhere in the middle.
Though not inheritently evil until the Brotherhood betrayed Mata Nui and the Order, most users of this element would be passively more prone to violence, and immoral acts such as murder or theft, than other beings, due to the absence of their moral light. Makuta themselves would be the exception, as they were created with this power, but actively chose to use it in a corrupt way.
- Creating shadows.
- Controlling shadows.
- Absorbing shadows.
- Using shadows to teleport (For select users).
- Creating a Shadow Hand (Exclusive to Makuta).
- (Theoretically) Unleashing a Shadow Nova Blast. (Exclusive to Toa)
These beings were wielders of the Element of Shadow:
- All Kraata and Rahkshi of Darkness
- All Makuta - Most deceased
- The Kanohi Kraahkan and any user of it
- Takutanuva - Formerly; now unmerged
- Shadow Matoran - Formerly
- Toa of Shadow - Never formed
- Turaga - Reduced
- Takanuva - Formerly; controlled both Light and Shadow.
- Shadow Takanuva - Some deceased.
- Any victim of a Shadow Leech attack
These locations were affiliated with the Element of Shadow:
- Matoran, Toa and Turaga of Shadow could be either male or female, depending on their gender prior to having their light drained.
|Elements||Primary||Fire • Water • Air • Stone • Earth • Ice|
|Secondary||Light • Shadow • Lightning • Magnetism • Plantlife • Plasma|
Gravity • Sonics • Psionics • Iron • Sand
|Legendary Powers||Life • Time • Creation|
|Powers||Acid • Vacuum|