|Colors||Dark red, dark blue, white|
|Habitat||The Pit (formerly)|
Spherus Magna (currently)
|Tools and Abilities||Spears, knives|
The Great Beings were seeking to create intelligent organism called Krana, but found that some of the material they used turned into Zyglak instead. Shunned by their creators and hated and feared throughout the universe, the bitter, savage Zyglak retreated to the dark places of the universe. There they waited, brooding over their fate and hating and all who honored Mata Nui. Those who encountered them rarely survived to tell others the tale. Zyglak hated Matoran because they believed that the Matoran stole their rightful place in the Matoran Universe.
While always violent, the Zyglak became far more so after Toa Orde, the first Toa of Psionics, was assigned the task of calming the Zyglak. Orde got out of control with his powers, inadvertently increasing anger levels of all Zyglak, an event which prompted the decision of making all Matoran, and therefore Toa and Turaga, of Psionics created thereafter female. A wandering tribe of Zyglak managed to kill all of the other members of the Toa Cordak excluding Lesovikk. This encounter happened to be the first battle with the Zyglak in the Matoran Universe.
Next, Toa Kopaka once single-handedly defeated several dozen Zyglak. Sometime later, the Toa Inika, during their search for the Mask of Life, fought a group of Zyglak in the Stone Cord that connected Voya Nui with Mahri Nui. When Vezon arrived, the Zyglak carried him off. This tribe was later killed by the mutated Piraka after they entered the cord. Barraki Kalmah, Takadox, and Mantax once encountered a group of Zyglak in ruins of the Pit. Makuta Spiriah amassed an army of Zyglak to attack and wipe out the Skakdi, the species which had humiliated him and destroyed his reputation. But, the Zyglak army was destroyed by Ehlek's species.
When the Matoran Universe's inhabitants evacuated to Spherus Magna, no Zyglak were initially spotted on the planet at first. However, when the Great Spirit Robot was dismantled, the remaining Zyglak all arrived on Spherus Magna.
Abilities and Weapons
Zyglak were reptilian and intelligent. They could speak the Matoran Language, and were one of the few beings that were immune to the Pit's mutagen. They also had strength greater than that of a Toa. They were plague carriers and had almost complete invulnerability to elemental attacks. They also possessed spears and knives that could destroy anything they hit when thrown.
- The Zyglak model could be constructed by combining three Barraki sets Pridak, Kalmah, and Takadox.
- The Zyglak building instructions can be found here:
- In "The Kingdom" alternate timeline, the Zyglak refused to evacuate when Mata Nui died, and eventually went extinct.
- Zyglak were often called "the Great Beings' mistakes."
- The Zyglak could not be revived on the Red Star. Which is mysterious, considering they are not composed of Antidermis.
- Comic 7: Mask of Life, Mask of Doom - First appearance
- Comic 8: Sea of Darkness
- BIONICLE Legends 7: Invasion - Cancelled novel
- BIONICLE Legends 7: Prisoners of the Pit
- BIONICLE Legends 8: Downfall
- Dreams of Destruction - Mentioned only
- BIONICLE Legends 9: Shadows in the Sky - Mentioned only
- Federation of Fear
- The Kingdom - Mentioned only
- Destiny War - Mentioned only
- Reign of Shadows
- The Yesterday Quest - Mentioned only